Posted to dev@trafodion.apache.org by Dave Birdsall <da...@esgyn.com> on 2015/11/13 01:59:19 UTC

Anyone seeing this on latest Trafodion builds?

Hi,

I’m seeing something puzzling on the latest development Trafodion builds.
Whenever I try to drop a table, any existing table, I get this behavior:

>>drop table t1;

*** ERROR[8448] Unable to access Hbase interface. Call to
ExpHbaseInterface::deleteRow returned error HBASE_ACCESS_ERROR(-706).
Cause:

java.io.IOException: Coprocessor result is null, retries exhausted

org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.transactional.TransactionalTable.delete(TransactionalTable.java:319)

org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.transactional.RMInterface.delete(RMInterface.java:345)

org.trafodion.sql.HTableClient.deleteRow(HTableClient.java:847)

org.trafodion.sql.HBaseClient.deleteRow(HBaseClient.java:1529)

.

*** ERROR[8839] Transaction was aborted.

--- SQL operation failed with errors.

Now, I do have a few code changes in my build, all of them in the
Optimizer. Just wanted to check if others were seeing this phenomenon or if
it was unique to me.

Thanks,

Dave

RE: Anyone seeing this on latest Trafodion builds?

Posted by Dave Birdsall <da...@esgyn.com>.
I'm on a workstation, using "local hadoop". So there should just be one
region server, the HMaster.

Posted by Venkat Muthuswamy <ve...@esgyn.com>.
Hi Dave,

I got this error during 'initialize trafodion'  on a 3 node VM that I was
using. Maybe yours is related ??

In my case, it turned out that one of the regionserver ended up in a
different region server group and did not have the co-processor classes
configured for our TM.

The " hbase.coprocessor.region.classes" setting for HBase needs to have the
following:

org.apache.hadoop.hbase.coprocessor.transactional.TrxRegionObserver
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.coprocessor.transactional.TrxRegionEndpoint
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.coprocessor.AggregateImplementation

I was using Cloudera manager to view and fix the issue.

Thanks
Venkat