Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Konstantin Priblouda <kp...@yahoo.com> on 2005/01/17 13:29:45 UTC

[BETWIXT] Betwixt & debug logging problem.

Hi All,

I discovered strange problem with betwixt and logging.

I'm reading object hierarchy  via betwixt / digester
( because there is no way to tell betwixt to use my
own bean as root )

I have simple XML strucure:

---%<---------------
<root>
    <title>Foo bar</title>
    <description>
        blurge bang bar blem
    </description>
    <path>/</path>
    <entries>
           <entry>
                <title>glarch</title>
           </entry>
    </entries>
</root>
---%<---------------

And do it in a bean:
---%<---------------------
        BeanReader reader = new BeanReader();

        reader.push(this);
        reader.addSetNestedProperties("root");

//reader.addCallMethod("root/title","setTitle",0);
        reader.registerBeanClass("*/entries/entry",
Entry.class);

reader.addSetNext("root/entries/entry","addEntry","de.jtec.menu.Entry");

        //reader.registerBeanClass("root",
BetwixtEntry.class);

        reader.parse(is);
---%<---------------------

The above code snippet works as intendet if I set
log4j.category.org.apache.commons.betwixt=ERROR

but fails if I set it to DEBUG.

Do I do something wrong, or is there a bug?
( If you like I can provide whole project,
do not like to spam list with zip files )

I use dependencies:
---%<---------------------
<dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>commons-betwixt</groupId>
      <artifactId>commons-betwixt</artifactId>
      <version>0.6</version>
      <type>jar</type>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>commons-digester</groupId>
      <artifactId>commons-digester</artifactId>
      <version>1.6</version>
      <type>jar</type>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>commons-logging</groupId>
      <version>1.0.2</version>
      <type>jar</type>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>xml-apis</groupId>
      <artifactId>xml-apis</artifactId>
      <version>1.0.b2</version>
      <type>jar</type>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>log4j</groupId>
      <artifactId>log4j</artifactId>
      <version>1.2.8</version>
      <type>jar</type>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>xerces</groupId>
      <artifactId>xerces</artifactId>
      <version>2.4.0</version>
      <type>jar</type>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>commons-beanutils</groupId>
      <artifactId>commons-beanutils</artifactId>
      <version>1.7.0</version>
      <type>jar</type>
    </dependency>
--%<-------------

regards,

=====
----[ Konstantin Pribluda ( ko5tik ) ]----------------
Plugins for xdoclet-2 are released. check it out at:
http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/xdoclet-plugins/
----[ http://www.pribluda.de ]------------------------

Re: [BETWIXT] Betwixt & debug logging problem.

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
On 20 Jan 2005, at 08:40, Konstantin Priblouda wrote:

> --- robert burrell donkin
> <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> this is a bug which has now been fixed on CVS HEAD.
>> please upgrade.
>>
>> hopefully there will be a release sometime soon...
>
> thanks. Unfortunately I'm behind firewall, so no CVS
> access is possible.

then use a recent nightly or even cvsgrab :)

the release should happen once jakarta commons has converted to SVN.

- robert

Re: [BETWIXT] Betwixt & debug logging problem.

Posted by Konstantin Priblouda <kp...@yahoo.com>.
--- robert burrell donkin

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.