Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by vijay garla <vn...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/05 23:33:15 UTC

Re: YTEX cTAKES 3.1.1 ready

Hi Vlad,

sorry that the instructions aren't clear.

re 1) What I am trying to say is install apache-ctakes-3.2.0-snapshot as
usual (this is unchanged from 3.1.1).  After that you still have to apply
the lib and resources (these are things that cannot be distributed via
apache).

re 2) Yes, I need to update those docs.  Hopefully will get to that at some
point.  However, I assume you already have a UMLS DB (also assume SQL
Server).  If you can't/don't want to use your existing umls DB, please tell
me.  The I'll priortize upgrading the doc on importing the umls tables (the
scripts are there).

best,

VJ

Re: YTEX cTAKES 3.1.1 ready

Posted by John Green <jo...@gmail.com>.
Completely non-contributory, but it is odd/humorous to see the headaches
that quickly written notes we do in the 5 minutes post-encounter lead to in
free-text analysis.

JG

RE: YTEX cTAKES 3.1.1 ready

Posted by "Finan, Sean" <Se...@childrens.harvard.edu>.

Re: YTEX cTAKES 3.1.1 ready

Posted by vijay garla <vn...@gmail.com>.

RE: YTEX cTAKES 3.1.1 ready

Posted by "Finan, Sean" <Se...@childrens.harvard.edu>.
Hi Vijay,

>  I have yet to run across clinical text from a real EMR where newlines represent the end of a sentence

Since James pointed out this possibility a couple weeks ago, I have kept my eyes open.  The problem is pretty ubiquitous in a corpus that I'm working with right now.  I just opened the first note and gave it a count ... 95 lines total, 9 are sentence/phrase (lacking punctuation) endings.  This is not including lists, which comprise about half of the note.
One possible conjoinment was "Will consider [...] biopsy\nGiven [...]".  Depending upon how cTakes deals with it, the meaning could change drastically.

> I believe cTAKES absolutely has to support sentences with newlines within them

Yes, cTakes should do so, but I hope that you aren't suggesting that it only support such a structure.

Where is that easy button?

I believe it is worth migrating to trunk.

Note that the sentence detector is also complementary - the existing ctakes sentence detector is unchanged - users can choose which sentence detector to use.  There are changes to assertion & dependency parsing to support sentences without newlines, and that works with both sentence detectors.

I believe cTAKES absolutely has to support sentences with newlines within them - I have yet to run across clinical text from a real EMR where newlines represent the end of a sentence - the changes to assertion & dependency parsing will have to be done at some point.

Re: YTEX cTAKES 3.1.1 ready

Posted by vijay garla <vn...@gmail.com>.

RE: YTEX cTAKES 3.1.1 ready

Posted by "Chen, Pei" <Pe...@childrens.harvard.edu>.
VJ,

RE: YTEX cTAKES 3.1.1 ready

Posted by "Masanz, James J." <Ma...@mayo.edu>.
Hi Vijay,
I gave you write access to the cTAKES space on the confluence site

-- James

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ctakes/branches/ytex/ctakes-ytex/scripts/data/build.xmlover

Re: YTEX cTAKES 3.1.1 ready

Posted by vijay garla <vn...@gmail.com>.