Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Jeff Ng <jn...@ondevice.com> on 2000/10/27 00:44:09 UTC

Apache::ASP + Apache::Filter - how fast? (was:sending Apache::ASP output to a variable?)

Thanks Ged.  I started down that path, but found that Apache::Filter
combined with Apache::ASP basically does the job I need.  There are a few
limitations, but it should be good enough.  The only remaining concern is
speed.

Does anyone have experience with this setup?

Thanks.

Jeff.

Re: Apache::ASP + Apache::Filter - how fast? (was:sending Apache::ASPoutput to a variable?)

Posted by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.
Jeff Ng wrote:

> Thanks Ged.  I started down that path, but found that Apache::Filter
> combined with Apache::ASP basically does the job I need.  There are a few
> limitations, but it should be good enough.  The only remaining concern is
> speed.
>
> Does anyone have experience with this setup?

No real world experience, but in the lab it seems speedy enough,
but then it all depends on what you need to get out of it.
Your own performance analysis will be the best here.
I would recommend cranking on it with ab for a rough
estimate.

One fundamental limitation with this setup is how I/O is
buffered, that you can't ever send a trickle down to
the web client, its all or none.

--Joshua