Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Peggy Davidson <ti...@mindspring.com> on 2002/07/17 06:14:10 UTC

Struts Tabs Example Error

Hi, in researching the mailing lists I did see the reference to the tab
example included in the tiles distribution but when I try to use the either
the tabs or tab example (tiles-documentation/examples/tabs.jsp or
tiles-documentation/examples/summariesTabs.jsp) I am getting the following
error: Has anyone run into this and knows off-hand what the fix is or is
there possibly another tab example I can reference.  Thank you in advance.
Peggy

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at /layouts/tabsLayout.jsp._jspService(/layouts/tabsLayout.jsp.java:151)
(JSP page line 36)

RE: Struts Tabs Example Error

Posted by Peggy Davidson <ti...@mindspring.com>.
Hi, I am still having problems getting this example to work.  I installed
and am now using the jakarta-struts-1.1-b version.  Other version
information is: using orion 1.5.4 and jdk1.4.  Here is the complete dump of
the error: Does anyone have any other suggestions, it could very well be
something in my setup or configuration.  All of the other examples appears
to work without a problem. Maybe someone has  another tab menu example that
I could try?  Thank you again.

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
/layouts/tabsLayout.jsp._jspService(/layouts/tabsLayout.jsp.java:151) (JSP
page line 36)
        at com.orionserver[Orion/1.5.4 (build
10585)].http.OrionHttpJspPage.service(.:56)
        at com.evermind[Orion/1.5.4 (build 10585)]._cp._vhc(.:5639)
        at com.evermind[Orion/1.5.4 (build
10585)].server.http.JSPServlet.service(.:31)
        at com.evermind[Orion/1.5.4 (build 10585)]._deb._lnc(.:514)
        at com.evermind[Orion/1.5.4 (build 10585)]._deb.include(.:90)
        at com.evermind[Orion/1.5.4 (build
10585)].server.http.EvermindPageContext.include(.:284)
        at
org.apache.struts.taglib.tiles.InsertTag$InsertHandler.doEndTag(InsertTag.ja
va:757)
        at
org.apache.struts.taglib.tiles.InsertTag.doEndTag(InsertTag.java:369)
        at
/layouts/classicLayout.jsp._jspService(/layouts/classicLayout.jsp.java:100)
        at com.orionserver[Orion/1.5.4 (build
10585)].http.OrionHttpJspPage.service(.:56)
        at com.evermind[Orion/1.5.4 (build 10585)]._cp._vhc(.:5639)
        at com.evermind[Orion/1.5.4 (build
10585)].server.http.JSPServlet.service(.:31)
        at com.evermind[Orion/1.5.4 (build 10585)]._deb._lnc(.:514)
        at com.evermind[Orion/1.5.4 (build 10585)]._deb.include(.:90)
        at com.evermind[Orion/1.5.4 (build
10585)].server.http.EvermindPageContext.include(.:284)
        at
org.apache.struts.taglib.tiles.InsertTag$InsertHandler.doEndTag(InsertTag.ja
va:757)
        at
org.apache.struts.taglib.tiles.InsertTag.doEndTag(InsertTag.java:369)
        at /examples/tabs.jsp._jspService(/examples/tabs.jsp.java:56)
        at com.orionserver[Orion/1.5.4 (build
10585)].http.OrionHttpJspPage.service(.:56)
        at com.evermind[Orion/1.5.4 (build 10585)]._cp._vhc(.:5639)
        at com.evermind[Orion/1.5.4 (build
10585)].server.http.JSPServlet.service(.:31)
        at com.evermind[Orion/1.5.4 (build 10585)]._deb._lnc(.:514)
        at com.evermind[Orion/1.5.4 (build 10585)]._deb._wmb(.:170)
        at com.evermind[Orion/1.5.4 (build 10585)]._co._wbb(.:581)
        at com.evermind[Orion/1.5.4 (build 10585)]._co._fs(.:189)
        at com.evermind[Orion/1.5.4 (build 10585)]._bt.run(.:62)
Peggy

Posted by Eddie Bush <ed...@vestus.adabbs.com>.