Posted to dev@clerezza.apache.org by Reto Bachmann-Gmuer <re...@trialox.org> on 2011/01/02 16:54:06 UTC

Are we ready to release at the end of January?

Would the following be a realistic timetable?

- Identifying releasable modules: i.e. a set of module sufficient to
reasonably run clerezza of which all dependencies are available in maven
central
- Code freeze on January 23rd: from this moment we do the discussed renaming
of the modules and other cosmetic changes to the code
- Vote for release starting on the 27th
- Release February 1st

Cheers,
Reto

Re: Are we ready to release at the end of January?

Posted by Hasan Hasan <ha...@trialox.org>.
agree as well, however, not sure about the status of the documentations...
some minimal docs would be beneficial like installation guide and getting
started.
if they are already there, sorry for my ignorance.
regarding bundles which require external dependencies beyond maven
central... i would suggest to resolve them if they are significant,
otherwise just remove
them from the first release. jruby scripting support as you mentioned in
other email can be left out for the first release, i think.

so, could you please make a proposal on what are the bundles to be packaged
in the first release?

regards
hasan

Posted by Tsuyoshi Ito <ts...@trialox.org>.