Posted to dev@tinkerpop.apache.org by Bryn Cooke <br...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/14 16:50:53 UTC

Accessing multi-properties

Hi,
I've been playing with the latest version of TP and think that there is
potential for confusion when retrieving multi-properties from vertices.
The properties method seems to have a dual function of:

 1. Allowing you to access multi-properties
 2. Allowing you to access multiple properties

As the method signature allows multiple keys my intuition is that it is
primarily there for 2, but in fact it serves to flatten out all of the
properties provided no matter what the cardinality.

To be honest accessing multiple properties sounds like a traversal
thing, so if there is scope for changing this then my vote would be for
the properties method to only accept a single key as a parameter and any
flattening of multiple properties be shifted in to gremlin.

Cheers,

Bryn