Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Robert Schmid <ro...@fourthgen.com> on 2000/11/10 18:03:40 UTC

Renderer Question

I have just begun looking at the FOP code.  Am I correct in my assessment
that FOP could be enabled to do other formats (e.g. WordPerfect, Word)
simply by adding a package under org/apache/fop/render/ which implements
org/apache/fop/render/Renderer?

Re: Renderer Question

Posted by Arved Sandstrom <Ar...@chebucto.ns.ca>.
On Fri, 10 Nov 2000, Robert Schmid wrote:
> I have just begun looking at the FOP code.  Am I correct in my assessment
> that FOP could be enabled to do other formats (e.g. WordPerfect, Word)
> simply by adding a package under org/apache/fop/render/ which implements
> org/apache/fop/render/Renderer?

Yes, that is entirely correct. It's not this simple if you had SVG, say,
introduced through an fo:instream-foreign-object, but even in that case the
principle is the same.

Arved Sandstrom

--
Senior Developer