Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Jérémy SEVELLEC <js...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/04 16:08:28 UTC

JMS reconnection problem

Hi,

I'am working on serviceMix 3.2.1 and my usecase is :
server 1 : activeMQ with one queue "IN"
server 2 : serviceMix
server 3: activeMQ with one queue "OUT"
the use case consist to listening to the "IN" queue, make an xslt
transformation and write to the "OUT" queue.

The use case works fine when everything is ok but we are making some tests
to know  the behaviour when evreything is not ok, for example :
- start and deploy our use case service assembly in serviceMix when activeMq
on server 1 or 3 are not started : crash. start after activemq and there is
not reconnection system.
- when everything is ok : shutdown activeMq on server 3 ("OUT") : crash :
serviceMix continue to read messages on the "IN" queue and crash. Message
seems to be lost  in serviceMix (even with the "persistent" attribute set to
"true" on the container and the serviceMix's activeMq is configure in "kaha"
mode). restart after activeMq on server 3 : there is no reconnection and we
must stop et restart serviceMix but after restart we don't see lost messages
arriving on the queue "OUT"

We made a lot of search and test but we don't find a solution
Is there a solution?

--
Jérémy

Re: JMS reconnection problem

Posted by Jérémy SEVELLEC <js...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your answer guillaume,

I add the "failover" properties before the uri of activeMq connection and
it's work fine.
One of myfailure test is good : when i stop the activeMQ queue "OUT",
serviceMix always get message from the Active MQ "IN" queue and persist
message in its internal ActiveMQ queue. After I restart the activeMQ queue
"OUT" ans serviceMix reconnect and send all messages.cool!!!!

However, I have always a problem : when i want to start serviceMix and
deploy my service assemblies when my activeMq Servers "IN" and "OUT" are
shutdown. The deployment stops when serviceMix deploys one of my jms service
unit (the other  service unit is not deployed). the deployment seems to be
waiting for the startup of external jms activeMQ. So, all my endpoints are
not in active in serviceMix -> crash of type "could not find route"
Have you got an idea?

cheers,

Jérémy

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.