Posted to legal-discuss@apache.org by TomohitoNakayama <to...@basil.ocn.ne.jp> on 2006/10/17 16:07:22 UTC

Is it possible to include part of a work of Apache Software License into another work of Apache Software License ?

Hello.

I have a question around Apache Software License 2.0.

I'm planning to include "tomcat5.exe" which is a file of Tomcat into
Derby as "derby.exe".
Is it possible in Apache Software License 2.0 ?

I think the file "tomcat5.exe" would be "Work" in Apache Software
License 2.0 and
"4. Redistribution." of license seems to allow including it into another
work of Apache Software License,
but not sure because "tomcat5.exe" is a part of Work ...

Please help me.

Best regards.

--
/*

        Tomohito Nakayama
        tomonaka@basil.ocn.ne.jp
        tomohito@rose.zero.ad.jp
        tmnk@apache.org

        Naka

*/

Re: Is it possible to include part of a work of Apache Software License into another work of Apache Software License ?

Posted by Cliff Schmidt <cl...@gmail.com>.
This is possible as long as you abide by the conditions listed in Section 4.

Cliff