Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Justin Wyllie <ju...@hotmail.co.uk> on 2010/06/21 18:33:24 UTC

PHP Version: Filtering by matching Person fields - is this as intended?

Hi
I'm using the PHP version of Shindig.
In JsonDbOpensocialService the method passesFilter() seems to be attempting to filter by matching a field in the Person object against a value in the passed in value in filterValue. Looking at the RequestItem class though I note that these values are populated from the passed in params by filterBy and filterValue respectively. Usually filterBy would be one of the constants defined in the spec for FILTER_TYPE:
http://wiki.opensocial.org/index.php?title=Opensocial.DataRequest_(v0.9)#opensocial.DataRequest.PeopleRequestFields.FILTER e.g. topFriends or 'all' - not a custom field name.
But this code (passesFilter()) only makes sense if filterBy is a field in the Person object e.g. name or displayName. It would appear to me either that the code here is confused -it used filterBy correctly e.g. testing for 'all' in getPeople but not here - or, the intention is that one can pass in a value for filterBy which is a field name in the Person object - but this would seem to me to be outside the spec.
Can anyone advise?
with thanks
Justin

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/195013117/direct/01/