Posted to general@hadoop.apache.org by Mara Ruvalcaba <ma...@sg.com.mx> on 2021/11/01 16:45:03 UTC

Hive Metastore on a Cloud Native Database - DLM Meetup

*Dear Data Lake Management Community:*
*Don't forget to join our DLM Community Meetup next Thursday 4th of
November *
👉 Add this event to your calendar now: https://bit.ly/3Cilyiq 👈

DLM Meetups T (3).png

*📣 **Hive Metastore on a Cloud Native Database (Spanner) *
Converting an open source software to cloud native has many challenges
like authn, authz, scalability, and monitoring. While making Hive
Metastore a cloud native application, the backend database MySQL has
become the limiting factor. In this talk we will go over the challenges
of the integration between Hive Metastore and Spanner as a cloud native
database option and compare the outcome.

🔔 About the speaker: Yunus Durmus is a Cloud Engineer at the
Professional Service Organization of Google Cloud, helping enterprise
customers in their journey to GCP. Yunus has a background in computer
science and holds a PhD degree from TU Delft on IoT.
*We are looking forward to seeing you next Thursday! *
*Best regards,*
*DLM Team *

Invitation to old meetup sent by mistake

Posted by Mara Ruvalcaba <ma...@sg.com.mx>.
Dear Hadoop community,

sorry for the old message that was just sent!!!

We will share the next meetup info as soon as possible.

--
Mara Ruvalcaba
COO, SG Software Guru & Nearshore Link