Posted to user@struts.apache.org by John Boyer <jo...@rodaxsoft.com> on 2012/11/02 16:53:31 UTC

[Struts 2] How do I migrate an action with no result name to an annotation?

Hi:

I'm trying to move all of my action configurations out of the struts.xml file into annotations. For the most part it's working fine. Yet, for my actions that have results with no 'name' parameter it doesn't work. For example, the following entry in my XML works perfectly.

  <action name="start">
            <result>/WEB-INF/jsp/register.jsp</result>
   </action>

However, when move this entry to my action class it doesn't work. I get an "No result defined for action...and result input" error. What am I doing wrong? I feel like I'm missing some fundamental concept here. My SUCCESS and INPUT results work as expected.

@Action(value = "start", results = @Result(location="/WEB-INF/jsp/register.jsp"))

Thank you,

John Boyer

Re: [Struts 2] How do I migrate an action with no result name to an annotation?

Posted by Jeff Black <je...@yahoo.com>.
John -- Ken is right!

Since you're using the Convention plugin just name your jsp accordingly.  I have included a link to the plugin documentation for your convenience.  Good luck!

http://struts.apache.org/2.3.4/docs/convention-plugin.html

Jeff

________________________________
Posted by Ken McWilliams <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ken McWilliams <ke...@gmail.com>.
Oh and please provide the full class name including package. You must have
your action in a package that _ends_ with "action" or "struts2" (or struts
I think). Otherwise the package structure which follows that string will be
interpreted as part of the package structure.

Posted by Ken McWilliams <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by John Boyer <jo...@rodaxsoft.com>.
Hi Jeff:

Posted by Jeff Black <je...@yahoo.com>.
John:

Give the Convention Plugin documentation a look:

http://struts.apache.org/2.3.1/docs/convention-plugin.html

Jeff

Since you are using annotations I assume you are using the
struts2-conventions-plugin? If so, then the package structure after
"struts2" or "action" is taken to be the namespace. If this is not the case
then you would need to override it.

Posted by Ken McWilliams <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by John Boyer <jo...@rodaxsoft.com>.
Hi Jeff: