Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by agus winarno <ag...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/29 09:28:38 UTC

Re: Tapestry working with other Servlets

Hi,
Can the servlet get object in session from tapestry 4?
I try to get it, but can't. Looks like HttpSession in servlet is different
from HttpSession in tapestry4.
Thanks...

Agus Winarno

Posted by agus winarno <ag...@gmail.com>.
Yup, I from Indonesia.

I think u are miss understanding. What I mean is this servlet is extend
ApplicationServlet and this servlet want to get session from tapestry page.
:)

Thank you...

Agus Winarno

Posted by Mohammad Irfan <ir...@gmail.com>.
Hi Agus, are you from Indonesia? me too.

Btw, if you want to use the servlet object in tapestry 4 you can add
this property in the .page file of the page:

<inject property="request"
object="service:tapestry.globals.HttpServletRequest"/>
<inject property="response"
object="service:tapestry.globals.HttpServletResponse"/>

And in your java page model you could add this abstract method:

public abstract HttpServletRequest getRequest();

public abstract HttpServletResponse getResponse();

Hope it helps.

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 2:28 PM, agus winarno <ag...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Can the servlet get object in session from tapestry 4?
> I try to get it, but can't. Looks like HttpSession in servlet is different
> from HttpSession in tapestry4.
> Thanks...
>
> Agus Winarno
>

> Norman Franke wrote:
>>
>> Those links are for Tapestry 5. I use multiple servlets in a single
>> application and haven't had a problem with Tapestry 4. I just map the
>> URLs uniquely in the web.xml.
>>
>> Norman Franke
>> Answering Service for Directors, Inc.
>> www.myasd.com
>>
>> On Apr 2, 2008, at 10:06 AM, Imran Amajd wrote:
>>

>>> Hello everybody,
>>>
>>> I m using Tapestry4 with spring & Hibernate. I am having a problem
>>> when i
>>> call my own java servlet with-in appcalication. The calling servlet
>>> sends
>>> response correctly but it causes HttpSession termination. i want
>>> tapestry to
>>> ignore this servlet request and let the container handle this request.
>>>
>>> The link  http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/tapestry-core/guide/
>>> conf.html
>>> http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/tapestry-core/guide/conf.html
>>>
>>> describes about configurig Tapestry. At the end its mentions how we
>>> can tell
>>> tapestry to ignore certain URLs but it doesnot explain it in depth.
>>>
>>> Can any body help on how can IgnoredPathsFilter service be used to
>>> make it
>>> work. if you need to have application web.xml/hivemodule.xml i am
>>> happy to
>>> provide these.
>>>
>>> Thanks In Advance buddies.
>>>
>>> -Imran Amjad