Posted to dev@stdcxx.apache.org by Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com> on 2006/07/01 03:11:49 UTC

Re: svn commit: r418319 - /incubator/stdcxx/trunk/tests/strings/21.string.io.cpp

antonp@apache.org wrote:
> Author: antonp
> Date: Fri Jun 30 09:22:31 2006
> New Revision: 418319

> Log:
> 2006-06-30  Anton Pevtsov  <an...@moscow.vdiweb.com>
>
> 	STDCXX-4
> 	* 21.string.io.cpp: New test exercising lib.string.io.
>
> Added:
>     incubator/stdcxx/trunk/tests/strings/21.string.io.cpp   (with props)

I've been studying the test and made a few very minor tweaks to
the test here: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=418426&view=rev.

I believe the test needs to be enhanced to exercise exceptions
thrown from the streambuf virtual functions. We should probably
do this in a loop analogously to the other string tests that
induce a bad_alloc or some similar kind of exception during
the operation. One tricky thing with this approach, I suspect,
might be getting right the expected contents of the string
argument for the extractors. If it turns out to be too hard
to do an alternative approach would be to specify for each test
case at which point an exception should be thrown and hardcode
the result.

Martin