Posted to users@maven.apache.org by wasi_shez <wa...@hotmail.com> on 2011/05/30 08:57:22 UTC

Maven with IDEA IntelliJ

Hi Guys!
            I have test the following link practically on my machine and
found no problem:-

http://maven.apache.org/guides/getting-started/maven-in-five-minutes.html

Now i want to generate a WAR file using IDEA IntelliJ 8.1

Let me REPHRASE the steps for above link:-

1. I have configured Maven
2. Installed IDEA IntelliJ IDE 8.1
3.I have opened command line console and type the following command:-

mvn archetype:generate

After this Maven start downloading/Updating its structure and at the Almost
300 + Options get appeared on Console and Maven ask me to select one .

Pls Guide me Which Number I need to Select for Creating "WAR" file using
IDEA IntelliJ Source Code ??

Is there anything that i am missing?

Is there any better way that I can use for this?

Your response in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Waseem Bokhari
CM Analyst

-----

Waseem Bokhari
CM Analyst
wasi_shez@hotmail.com
00923214294926

Re: Maven with IDEA IntelliJ

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> Pls Guide me Which Number I need to Select for Creating "WAR" file using
> IDEA IntelliJ Source Code ??

I google'd for "maven intellij idea tutorial" and found this link:
http://wiki.jetbrains.net/intellij/Creating_and_importing_Maven_projects

Wayne