Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com> on 2011/06/06 18:34:32 UTC

FW: [DRAFT FOR REVIEW] [ACTION REQUIRED] www.apache.org/dist/ housekeeping

Who has access to qpid's /dist area and can help clean it up?

Thanks,
-Steve

Posted by Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com>.
On Mon, 2011-06-06 at 18:06 -0400, Andrew Stitcher wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-06-06 at 22:10 +0100, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
> > Given that we dont actually link to the 0.8 files on the mirrors from
> > our download page, and they will still available from the archive area
> > which is linked for the purpose of getting older releases, I'd say we
> > should just remove 0.8 from the mirrors if it will appease infra.
>
> Makes sense to me - I'll do it tomorrow if you haven't done it already.

Done

du tells me we're now using 165Mb - the largest users of the space are 5
java management console tars (qpid-jmx-management-console-*) each of
which takes about 13-14Mb and the combined source tree tar at 56Mb.

Andrew

Posted by Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 06/06/2011 10:10 PM, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
> Given that we dont actually link to the 0.8 files on the mirrors from
> our download page, and they will still available from the archive area
> which is linked for the purpose of getting older releases, I'd say we
> should just remove 0.8 from the mirrors if it will appease infra.

I agree. I removed all the older releases when previously asked. However
at that time we hadn't yet released 0.10 so I left 0.8 as the current
release.

I think we just need to change the release process to include deletion
of the last release to avoid this building up again.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com>.
On Mon, 2011-06-06 at 12:34 -0400, Steve Huston wrote:
> Who has access to qpid's /dist area and can help clean it up?

As far as I know everyone who has an account on people.apache.org has
access to /dist.

I'll take a look at /dist and see what should be deleted.

Andrew

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org