Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Adrian Herscu <bm...@axentra.net> on 2005/07/08 17:05:42 UTC

MERGE request failed ...

Hi all,

Sometime when I try to commit a directory, I am getting the following
message:

Commit failed (details follow):
MERGE request failed on '/repos/myproj/trunk'
Can't remove 'E:\svnrepos\myproj\db\transactions\4-1.txn': The directory
is not empty.

After that the working copy becomes unusable with SVN -- trying to
commit again:

Commit failed (details follow):
Your file or directory 'blah.html' is probably out-of-date.
The version resource does not correspond to the resource within transaction.
Either the requested version resource is out of date (needs to be
updated), or the requested version resource is newer than the
transaction root (restart the commit).

Adrian.

P.S. I am using SVN 1.2.0 (r14790) on Win2K (SP4) with FSFS repositories.

Re: MERGE request failed ...

Posted by Adrian Herscu <bm...@axentra.net>.
Ben Collins-Sussman wrote:

> On Jul 8, 2005, at 12:05 PM, Adrian Herscu wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Sometime when I try to commit a directory, I am getting the  following
>> message:
>>
>> Commit failed (details follow):
>> MERGE request failed on '/repos/myproj/trunk'
>> Can't remove 'E:\svnrepos\myproj\db\transactions\4-1.txn': The
>> directory is not empty.
>>

> The server is trying to move a directory, and Windows XP is  disallowing
> it.  My guess is that you have a virus scanner running,  which is
> holding a file open for too long.  We've seen this sort of  thing
> before, and it looks exactly like the symptoms you're having.

First, I am using Windows 2000 not Windows XP -- do both have the same
problem?
Second, I am not using any virus scanning software! The only viruses
they are able to catch is the dead ones...

Let's presume that there is something which is "holding a file open for
too long" -- how can I detect it?

Adrian.

P.S. I have used SVN with BDB repos before without such problems -- it
seems that "upgrading" to FSFS was not a good idea.

Re: MERGE request failed ...

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.