Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Raj Saini <ra...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/17 06:02:22 UTC

Criteria for adding service providers on http://ofbiz.apache.org/ home page

Hi,

We have been providing OFBiz customizations and solutions for last three
years and have been contributing to OFBiz actively.

On OFBiz official site home page, there is a section for listing service
provider. What is the criteria to add the service provider name to this
place? Is it only for committers (or their companies) or other
contributors can also request to add their name?

Regards,

Raj

Re: Criteria for adding service providers on http://ofbiz.apache.org/ home page

Posted by Brajesh Patel <br...@gmail.com>.
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/signup.action

--
Thanks
Brajesh Patel

HotWax Media
http://www.hotwaxmedia.com

Re: Criteria for adding service providers on http://ofbiz.apache.org/ home page

Posted by Raj Saini <ra...@gmail.com>.
Also, I don't think the home page is maintained on Wiki. I see it is in
SVN /ofbiz/site.

Thanks,

Raj

Posted by Raj Saini <ra...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Brajesh. My question was more of policy. Are service providers
who do not have committers allowed to put their name of home page.

Thanks,

Raj

Posted by Brajesh Patel <br...@gmail.com>.
Hi Raj,

--
Thanks
Brajesh Patel

HotWax Media
http://www.hotwaxmedia.com

Re: Criteria for adding service providers on http://ofbiz.apache.org/ home page

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
+1, let's remove the whole section.

Jacopo

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Home Page Updates [ was Re: Criteria for adding service providers on http://ofbiz.apache.org/ home page ]

Posted by Tim Ruppert <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
In commit r924312, we have followed David's precedent and removed all HotWax Media links on the home page of OFBiz - mean to help ensure that the project is focused on the community and not the providers.  Here is a link to a new JIRA task that I am looking to commit along these lines - later today.  Here is the information:

1. Per Christian and Jacques' comment yesterday - Remove the individual Service Providers link - instead link to the service providers page.
2. Remove the Sponsorship area - since the hardware is all ASF now and everyone is contributing every day.
3. Remove any other blog posts that are not actual news or PR wire information.

Here is the JIRA task:

Cheers,
Ruppert

PS I will also be looking for a number of new ways to spiff up the home page with new screenshots of projects, links to case studies (that we'll hopefully be able to pull together on the site), etc.  Looking forward to making this happen together.

Posted by Tim Ruppert <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hence people will now that there are Service providers. The order is still questionnable though. But I believe commiters, then
contributors deserve a better place there. It's all about meritocracy after all.

Jacques

From: "Jacques Le Roux" <ja...@les7arts.com>

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
Yes committers first.
also remember we have a user list with the developer that have
implemented ofbiz are listed.
that should cover those that are familiar with ofbiz

=========================
BJ Freeman
http://bjfreeman.elance.com
Strategic Power Office with Supplier Automation <http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation/viewforum.php?f=93>
Specialtymarket.com <http://www.specialtymarket.com/>

Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man
Linkedin

Jacques Le Roux sent the following on 3/17/2010 9:31 AM:

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
+1

Jacques

From: "BJ Freeman" <bj...@free-man.net>

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
From: "Christian Geisert" <ch...@isu-gmbh.de>
> Raj Saini schrieb:
>> Hi,
>>
>> We have been providing OFBiz customizations and solutions for last three
>> years and have been contributing to OFBiz actively.
>>
>> On OFBiz official site home page, there is a section for listing service
>> provider. What is the criteria to add the service provider name to this
>> place? Is it only for committers (or their companies) or other
>> contributors can also request to add their name?
>
> I think this section is there for historic reasons and IMHO should be
> removed.
>
> Christian

+1

Jacques