Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net> on 2011/10/01 04:03:36 UTC

ecllipse/standalone ofbiz developer app

I have looked at chatree google project.
I use eclipse now.
What I want to develope is a ofbiz specific development app.
so the WYSISYG uses the Artifact as well as the view handlers.
some of the feature would include showing a State machine graph tythou
can expand with a click, will show the Relationships of entities using
the webtools already developed.

Eventually be able to define a project processes and and have the app
fillin what processes an data is not already there.

are they any efforts in this direction?

Re: ecllipse/standalone ofbiz developer app

Posted by McAllister Dániel <ra...@gmail.com>.
2011.10.03. 18:52 keltezéssel, kiran@objectedge.com írta:
> Here are two features that I would like in the plugin:
> 1. Find references/implementers of services (both in Java and minilang)
> 2. Put break point in minilang.
>
> Regards,
> Kiran Gawde
>
> Senior Software Architect
> Object Edge Inc
> (925) 943 5558 x108
>
> "There are two kind of people: Those who do the work and those who take
> the credit. Try to be in the first group because there is less competition
> there."
> "Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams
> is more powerful than one with all the facts".
>

> From:   Daniel McAllister<ra...@gmail.com>
> To:     user@ofbiz.apache.org
> Date:   10/03/2011 05:33 AM
> Subject:        Re: ecllipse/standalone ofbiz developer app
>

> On 2011. okt.  3., hétfő, 14.29.28 CEST, BJ Freeman wrote:
>> thanks
>> I am using the Webtools Artifact Code mostly, you might look at that.
>> I scanned the code but not much there, compared to the build classes.
>> my goal is to be able to create widgets and services as drag and drop.
>> have a entity drag and drop relationship and graphic display.
>> I have the Standalone Gui built, once done will look at Plugin for
> Eclipse.
>>

>> Daniel McAllister sent the following on 10/3/2011 5:04 AM:
>>>>
> http://www.itu.dk/people/hessellund/smartemf/index.php?page=sourcecode

> tythou
> using

>>> Hello
>>>
>>> I have forked this one
>>> http://www.itu.dk/people/hessellund/smartemf/index.php?page=sourcecode
>>> and added some custom changes, like parsing controller.xml and added
>>> some custom iconds.
>>>
>>> The modifications are not full feature ready, I need to add much more
>>> things like parsing<preprocessor>   tags and so.
>>>
>>> Please look at the source code if you are interested.
>>> https://github.com/rasztasd/ofbiz-eclipse-project-explorer
>>>
>>> You can use the eclipse update site also:
>>> http://rasztasd.github.com/ofbiz-eclipse-project-explorer/update_site
>>>
>>> Please give me some feedback about this. As I have some more time I
> will
>>> continue to develop this. Any patches are welcome.
>>>
>>> Daniel.
>>>

> Can you give me any url please? Your tool sounds promising too.

The show java implementation and show xml definition is already
implemented in the original ofbiz plugin and the one, plus I have added
a controller.xml parser that already finds the service invocation from
controller.xml (by <event ...> tags)
Plus this plugin do a syntax highlight like thing that shows if you you
a service input or output parameter that is not defined in the
corresponding service.xml.

Re: Mutl-tenant and delegator in web.xml: webtools issue

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
I was addressing how to carry the component(app name) so you selecting
the correct delegator. Don't have time to cover this at this time.

Jacques Le Roux sent the following on 10/5/2011 7:40 AM:

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

From: "BJ Freeman" <bj...@free-man.net>

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
if you do a search of the jira with
ofbiz tenant
there are 19 issues, including david's
some are still open.
I have a few so not sure which one you referring to

Jacques Le Roux sent the following on 10/4/2011 9:23 AM:

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

From: "BJ Freeman" <bj...@free-man.net>

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
From: "Daniel McAllister" <ra...@gmail.com>
> On 2011. okt.  4., kedd, 04.59.42 CEST, BJ Freeman wrote:
>> also allowing #tenenat has problems since it can access the TenantDB,
>> where the tenatant URI is put for each.
>>
>> BJ Freeman sent the following on 10/3/2011 4:47 PM:
>>> Yes, webtools as such has not been re-factored to use the delegator in
>>> the web.xml of the component, I am guessing it will look in the webtools
>>> web.xml.
>>> this means looking up the component the service comes from then get the
>>> delegator for that component.
>>> in the best situation this should be done in the dispatcher that has
>>> been assigned to the service.
>>> then pass the component to the delegator to look it up.
>>>

>>> Just a thought at this point.
>>>
>>> Jacques Le Roux sent the following on 10/3/2011 1:10 PM:

> I would limit the find Service references feature in the Eclipse  plugin to find only those places where static code parsing can
> be used. There are mutch more feature in the plugin I want to do. Im working on a Service Javadoc parser. Currently I'm not aware
> of if there are any way to put standardized documentation to beanshell or other type of files. Maybe if there is a way then the
> Service javadoc parser can be extended to show up documentations.

FYI: remember then last releases (and of course trunk) rely rather on Groovy than BeanShell

Jacques

Re: Mutl-tenant and delegator in web.xml: webtools issue

Posted by Daniel McAllister <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
From: "McAllister Dániel" <ra...@gmail.com>
> On 2011. október 3. 22:10:13, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>> About mutl-tenant and delegator in web.xml: what when you are running a service from webtools...? (the dispatcher either can't
>> help...)
>> The only hack I found so far was to pass an optionnal _application_name_ String parameter (with the delegator name in), ugly...
>>
>> Jacques
>>
>> From: "BJ Freeman" <bj...@free-man.net>
>>> currently minilang is only able to use log for debug.
>>> Since we re-factored to multitenant, you need to get the delegator from
>>> web.xml
>>>
>>> Daniel McAllister sent the following on 10/3/2011 10:04 AM:

> I'm not sure I understand you. Do you mean you want to find service invocations from jobSanbox (webtools service invocation, asyc
> service, scheduled service)?

Yes that's it. Sometimes (for some reason, like for instance defining properties by webapp, ie same name in some webapps but not
same values) you need to know (or rather define) from which webapp a service is launched when it is ran async. This is also the case
when you run it from Webtools, since it's the async mode which is used. In async mode the async delegator is "default", which does
not help. Also you can't dynamically retrieve the desired delegator value from the dispatcher. So you have to provide the value,
either when running the service async, or through a parameter (I use _application_name_) in webtools.

Re: Mutl-tenant and delegator in web.xml: webtools issue

Posted by McAllister Dániel <ra...@gmail.com>.

From: "BJ Freeman" <bj...@free-man.net>

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Posted by Daniel McAllister <ra...@gmail.com>.
> [...]

I have started to implement the find references of services but the
current implementation is very slow. If there are some experienced
eclipse developers who can help me with incremental project building I
would appreciate a little help, so I can put the feature back.
Currently it find java code references and controller.xml <event>
references of services.
The java part only finds that if you use a string literal for the
reference like dispatcher.runSync("service_name")

The second thing debugging Minilang (and Beanshell) is possible I think
by debugging the Minilang or Beanshell interpreter.
I'm planning to do a Beanshell debugger anyway.
If there are anyone who can help me about how to write a custom
debugger for eclipse that can behave like a Java debugging then help me
please.

Re: ecllipse/standalone ofbiz developer app

Posted by ki...@objectedge.com.
Nice. I didn't know about the artifact Info tool. Something new to learn
everyday!

From:   BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>
To:     user@ofbiz.apache.org
Date:   10/03/2011 11:05 AM
Subject:        Re: ecllipse/standalone ofbiz developer app

https://localhost:8443/webtools/control/ArtifactInfo?type=service&uniqueId=createPartyRelationship

Run (simple): = minilang
 Impl Location: if in Src is java, if it shows xml then it is minilang.

#2 is beyond the scope of what I am doing, however you will have a
graphic representation of the flow that you can click and call up
artifacts.

kiran@objectedge.com sent the following on 10/3/2011 9:52 AM:

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

#2 is beyond the scope of what I am doing, however you will have a

From:   Daniel McAllister <ra...@gmail.com>
To:     user@ofbiz.apache.org
Date:   10/03/2011 05:33 AM

Posted by Daniel McAllister <ra...@gmail.com>.