Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Hofri Yehuda <Ye...@comverse.com> on 2007/01/16 10:56:53 UTC

Using select by example in abator

Hi,
I've managed to create lots of objects using the abator but haven't
manage to create one using the select by example,
Please send me an example of usi ng that.
10x

Hofri

Re: Using select by example in abator

Posted by Jeff Butler <je...@gmail.com>.
Look in the generated code that comes out of Abator.  You should see:

1. In the generated DAO interface and implementation classes a
"selectByExample" method
2. In the generated Domain objects a class <<TableName>>Example
3. In the generated SQL an <sql> element with the
id="abatorgenerated_Example_Where_Clause" and a <select> clause with the
id="abatorgenerated_selectByExample"

All these elements work together to generate the queries for select by
example functionality.  You use the classes as described in the
documentation I referenced earlier.  The <sql> element is where the custom
where clause gets generated - it's pretty advanced iBATIS dynamic SQL.

Hope that helps -

Jeff Butler

Posted by Hofri Yehuda <Ye...@comverse.com>.

Posted by Jeff Butler <je...@gmail.com>.