Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Darren Foltinek <da...@frontrange.ca> on 2003/11/26 22:03:19 UTC

How to stream a file?

Hi,

I need to provide a file-download capability in a Tapestry
application.  The download contents are generated the app, and I would like
to stream the bytes, rather than just place the contents into a file and
provide a link to that.

I'm looking into writing my own Service, probably based on the
tapestry.asset.AssetService.  Is this the best way to proceed, or does
anybody know of a easier way to do this?

Thanks,
-- Darren

Re: How to stream a file?

Posted by "Kevin C. Dorff" <kd...@kcp.com>.
Yes, the answer is that you create a service to do this.

Kevin