Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Geoff Longman <gl...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/27 05:05:23 UTC

Time to move on..

It's been a blast...

http://jroller.com/page/glongman?entry=time_to_move_on

Geoff

Re: Time to move on..

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=7YCvoRykgZQ

On 8/26/06, Geoff Longman <gl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It's been a blast...
>
> http://jroller.com/page/glongman?entry=time_to_move_on
>
> Geoff

--
Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo/(and a dash of TestNG), team member/developer

Re: Time to move on..

Posted by Peter Dawn <pe...@gmail.com>.
I agree. Geoff great work mate. Thumbs up to you.

I use spindle all the time. I am still using tap3 and this gives me
one more reason to not upgrade. Life without spindle would be very
difficult using eclipse. I wish Geoff all the best for his future and
I hope that his work is picked up by someone else.

Re: Time to move on..

Posted by Pedro Viegas <pv...@gmail.com>.
Not very good news to the Tapestry project this one!
Here and there the IDE and Tools support for tapestry issue arise and all
kinds of opinions are issued.
A fact is that every platform needs to have IDE support in order for a very
good chunk of the programmer community to accept a framework. Is this aspect
Tapestry has just become poorer, and that is a bad, sad thing!

1st of all, I believe Geoff deserves all of our recognition for the enormous
effort he has enforced over the last years for the Tapestry community. I
have been using Tapestry 4 since it's beta release and I for one can cry out
loud for the so needed Sindle IDE plugin support of Tap 4!
But we cant all continue to rely on the back off one person to carry the
needs of us all! So thanks for all Geoff, you did more than one could ask of
you, and I wish all the best!

Now, here I go again and raise the IDE question once more. When will this
aspect of Tapestry be taken in consideration like a must have feature of the
platform for every version of it?

I use Tapestry every day. It is obvious that my productivity suffers from
the run-time syntax checking reality. The mistyped parameter, the not
respected DTD for the .jwc or .page files, etc etc. One loves this
framework, it's obvious otherwise we would not use it... but the IDE IS THAT
MUCH a difference!
I think the exception reports are simply fantastic. No other framework has
that much details or clarity, but lets face it, we want that in our IDE, we
want the autocompletion the for template files ou the specificatios files,
we should not need to know a components parameters by heart in order to use
them. It does not make sence. Tapestry is so much ahead of other frameworks
in so many aspects and is this needy in this area for so long and it seems
will become even more lost in this aspect!

Well, I guess now Hugo (TapIDEA) has been left out there alone in the
Tapestry plugin no-man's land! It sounds really lonely doesn't it? How long
till he is also overwhelmed by the lonely task? Let's wait and see...

Best of luck to you Geoff, and courage and lots of coffee to you Hugo! :-(

Sorry for those who do not agree to spam the list's purpose with these
remarks, but I simply could not help it after taking in the new Spindle
project reality!

Best regards,

On 8/27/06, Josh Long <st...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, I for one am sorry to see any ready and willing go, no matter
> what the circumstances... but I hope things get to where they need to
> be for you. :-)  FWIW, I never used the Spindle plugin but have seen a
> few colleagues adopt tapestry at my behest because there was (even
> relatively immature, at that point) tooling support available through
> Spindle..
>
> Best of luck,
> Josh
>
> On 8/26/06, Geoff Longman <gl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > It's been a blast...
> >
> > http://jroller.com/page/glongman?entry=time_to_move_on
> >
> > Geoff

Pedro Viegas

Re: Time to move on..

Posted by Josh Long <st...@gmail.com>.

Re: Time to move on..

Posted by Francis Amanfo <fa...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, there we go again. When the truth is hard to swallow then they label
one a troll. Leonardo, say something sensible than just calling people
names. That's too easy to do than say something intelligible. I thought you
could do better. Don't persecute the messenger.

Re: Time to move on..

Posted by Leonardo Quijano Vincenzi <le...@dtqsoftware.com>.

Re: Time to move on..

Posted by D&J Gredler <dj...@gmail.com>.
You like telling people what to post where, don't you?

http://www.nabble.com/Howard-is-bluffing-here-...-tf2164881.html#a5983914

Sorry, I couldn't resist ;-)

Re: Time to move on..

Posted by Francis Amanfo <fa...@gmail.com>.