Posted to dev@apex.apache.org by Amol Kekre <am...@datatorrent.com> on 2017/02/02 00:43:34 UTC

[DISCUSS] Tweets from ApacheApex handle

I want to see what the community feels about posting tweets on ApacheApex
handle. My thoughts are that the committers should have the right to post a
tweek on ApacheApex. For contributors and anyone else, we could have a
mechanism where they request it on dev@apex.apache.org and a committer can
help out. In essence we treat tweet same as code. I would expect committers
to ensure that the tweet is related to Apex, I believe that will more or
less remain true.

Aside from this, I think the release-manager should be expected to post
release tweets on ApacheApex handle.

Thoughts?

Thks
Amol

Re: [DISCUSS] Tweets from ApacheApex handle

Posted by Amol Kekre <am...@datatorrent.com>.
Thomas,
The proposal is for credentials to remain in PMC, and in-effect committers
sending a request to tweet. Here some relevant advice on do's and don'ts
from ASF for social media. I have pasted it as is.

   - Feel free to share stories about your project, whether they come from
   the community, tech press, or folks outside of the press and community.
   Avoid sharing negative stories about "competing" projects.
   - Keep posts/reposts relevant to your project community and technology.
   Most people love LOLCats, but it's probably best not to share them from
   your project's social media accounts.
   - Please share event information so long as it's related directly to
   your project. Promoting an event where there are talks about CloudStack
   (for example) is spot-on. Promoting an event only because a vendor that has
   an interest in CloudStack is participating would be outside the scope of
   CloudStack social media accoun

So lets say we find a vendor/customer/someone saying "I used Apex for ...;
here is my use case; .. Apex worked for me"; Or a blog on some nuances of
Apex. These are stories about Apex, why would we not want to tweet/retweet
these? For adoption of Apex, it is good for everyone to know about such
stories. Moreover it is enpowering for committers to know that they can be
eyes-ears of Apex stories.

Thks,
Amol

*Join us at Apex Big Data World-San Jose
<http://www.apexbigdata.com/san-jose.html>, April 4, 2017!*
[image: http://www.apexbigdata.com/san-jose-register.html]

Posted by Thomas Weise <th...@apache.org>.

Posted by Pramod Immaneni <pr...@datatorrent.com>.

Posted by Amol Kekre <am...@datatorrent.com>.
Thomas,

Posted by Thomas Weise <th...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ashwin Chandra Putta <as...@gmail.com>.
+1 I strongly agree since the community is growing. As a community, we need
to be able to publish updates and relevant content to followers. All
committers having access to publish tweets makes community inclusive.

Regards,
Ashwin.