Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Tim Jordan <ti...@pcs-alaska.com> on 2006/04/07 19:30:04 UTC

New Spam Assassin Setup 3.1

Hello Everyone,

I installed SA 3.1 last night from source.  I followed the
qmailrocks.org guide (since I use qmail) which seemed pretty easy when
came to setting up SA.  This setup uses qmail-queue to invoke SA and Clamav.

My problem is when I monitor the mail server I see SA dominating the cpu
@ 97% or more when new mail is coming into the server.  I also noticed
that it (SA) starts to recognize some mail and pass it right through
with little delay.  I'm still concerned and looked at the SA website for
help on cpu utilization but no luck.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for troublshooting this?  I
did tail the syslog and found one problem which I fixed but that did not
resolve the cpu % issue.

Thank you for your consideration,

Tim

PS:
This is from the mail header of the last Spam msg I recieved:
1.25-st-qms (Clear:RC:0(63.252.150.43):SA:1(6.6/4.0):.* Processed in
149.986422* secs Process 6433)

Non spam msg are processed anywhere from 2 -6 seconds.