Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by aruna vempaty <ar...@yahoo.com> on 2008/08/11 13:24:12 UTC

getting absolute value for parent dir

Hi:

I am trying to get the absolute path of the parent directory in ant as  a variable value

<project name="CreateProviders" default="all" basedir=".">
 <echo >
    pwd =  "${..}"/>
    pwd = Current Dir -- ${pwd}
    </echo>

 this is printing as ..
 pwd =  "${..}"/>
     [echo]     pwd = Current Dir -- ${pwd}

Can some one help me to get the value. Even if i assign
pwd = "${../basedir}", it is not expanding the value. But it is expanding at run time. I need to capture this value and assign to some other property

Thanks
Aruna

Re: getting absolute value for parent dir

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 11 Aug 2008, aruna vempaty <ar...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am trying to get the absolute path of the parent directory in ant
> as  a variable value

This question should really go to the user list, not here.

     <property name="parentdir" location=".."/>

Stefan