Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by AirDT <co...@solgt.fr> on 2014/01/24 11:32:18 UTC

How know databases connected with Derby networkServer

Hello everyone,

I run a NetworkServer that allows multiple users to connect to multiple
Derby database.
How do I know databases connected at a given moment ?
In order to :
- Have knowledge of potential users connected to each connected dataBase
- Shutdown these databases in order to remove them without shutDown derby.
-...

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

AirDT

Re: How know databases connected with Derby networkServer

Posted by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@gmail.com>.
>> How do I know databases connected at a given moment ?
>> In order to :
>> - Have knowledge of potential users connected to each connected dataBase
>> - Shutdown these databases in order to remove them without shutDown derby.

You didn't say what platform you are on, but one simple way is to use
a tool like 'lsof' (on Linux) or 'ProcessExplorer' (on Windows) to
determine what files are open by your Network Server.

In particular, the lock files are important.

thanks,

bryan

Re: How know databases connected with Derby networkServer

Posted by Rick Hillegas <ri...@oracle.com>.
On 1/24/14 2:32 AM, AirDT wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I run a NetworkServer that allows multiple users to connect to multiple
> Derby database.
> How do I know databases connected at a given moment ?
> In order to :
> - Have knowledge of potential users connected to each connected dataBase
> - Shutdown these databases in order to remove them without shutDown derby.
> -...
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
> Thanks in advance
>
> AirDT

Hi AirDT,

I don't believe that Derby tracks this information anywhere. However,
you might be able to hack this kind of tracking into
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.

Hope this helps,
-Rick

Re: How know databases connected with Derby networkServer

Posted by Peter Ondruška <pe...@yahoo.com>.
Emory is cheap nowadays. Just run each database in separate JVM. If you are on Linux or AIX I would recommend IBM Java with class sharing..

Peter