Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Andre Cardoso de Souza <ha...@bmi.osu.edu> on 2008/04/25 20:43:28 UTC

Need help configuring service stub

      Hi,

    I'm developing a client that isn't bound to any service, but invokes
a web-service specified in a user-provided description. In order to set
some properties needed to invoke my test-service I've extended the Stub
class.
    After setting those properties, I used the method '_getService' so I
can obtain a Call instance and finally invoke the service. The problem
I'm experiencing is that the _getService method is returning a null
reference. So, my question is: am I doing the stub configuration in the
right way? Is there any method in the Stub abstract class I *must* override?
    Some additional information: I'm using Apache Axis 1.2RC2 and
snippets of my code are pasted below.

    Best regards.

   Andre de Souza

------------------------------------------ BEGIN ServiceInvocation.java

org.apache.axis.client.Stub stub = new SecureServiceStub();
// ... set some stub properties ...

javax.xml.rpc.Service service = stub._getService();
Call call = (Call) service.createCall();  ///< NullPointerException at
this point

// ...

------------------------------------------ END ServiceInvocation.java

------------------------------------------ BEGIN SecureServiceStub.java
package org.cagrid.workflow.helper.instance.stubs;

public class SecureServiceStub extends org.apache.axis.client.Stub {
}