Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by John Patterson <jd...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/29 23:49:04 UTC

Disabling SecondLevelCache

I would like to turn off the automatic serialising of pages to disk
but still keep one page in memory for AJAX operations.  My pages are
bookmarkable so if the user uses the back button and the page does
not exist in the store it should be able to be re-created?    and
placed in memory again to respond to AJAX calls.

I can see that I can create my own SecondLevelCacheSession and pass
it an IPageStore.  Do you just pass it null to disable serialising
pages?

Cheers,

John

Re: Disabling SecondLevelCache

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.
Yes if you completely want to disable the writing to disk you could pass
in an empty ipagestore implementation
The back button would be lost then but if you have 1 ajax page site then
that will be in memory.

I do hope that the last rendered page is always the lastPage instance in the
pagemap
(and not by some accident another page that is used or created in the
request)

johan