Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Teator, Michael" <mt...@tjctechnology.com> on 2004/02/04 02:08:19 UTC

FileGenerator making two HTTP requests

I have an issue with my cocoon where I have a url specified in the generate
source (type="file") like:

src="http://localhost/whatever.xml"

For some reason it makes TWO requests to this file every time.

Any ideas?

If I change the generate type to "html" then it only makes one request, but
the serializer (fop) no longer works.

This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee and may contain
information that is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL.  If you are not the
communication in error, please erase all copies of the message and its
attachments and notify us immediately.  Thank you!

Re: FileGenerator making two HTTP requests

Posted by Ivo Limmen <iv...@virgil.nl>.
My take:

1) HTTP GET for XML file.

2) HTTP GET for DTD file (Witch is locally stored in a catalog).

Teator, Michael wrote:
> I have an issue with my cocoon where I have a url specified in the generate
> source (type="file") like:
>
> src="http://localhost/whatever.xml"
>
> For some reason it makes TWO requests to this file every time.
>
> Any ideas?
>

> If I change the generate type to "html" then it only makes one request, but
> the serializer (fop) no longer works.
>
> This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee and may contain
> information that is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL.  If you are not the
> intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination of this
> communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
> communication in error, please erase all copies of the message and its
> attachments and notify us immediately.  Thank you!

Ivo Limmen