Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Andrew Daniel <an...@digispec.com> on 1998/05/01 07:17:06 UTC

config/2164: ErrorDocument does not work in directive.

>Number:         2164
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       ErrorDocument does not work in <VirtualHost> directive.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
Using the ErrorDocument does not work inside a <VirtualHost> directive
(Of course added inside the httpd.conf).

When none is defined, I get the ones I have modified that reside
in c:/apache/errormsg/, as predefined in the srm.conf.
(ErrorDocument 401 /errormsg/401.htm  <- IN SRM.CONF)

When some are defined, it is configed as such:
(Error docs in: c:/apache/error-s10/)
<VirtualHost>
ErrorDocument 401 /error-s10/401.htm
-> Other config directives <-
</VirtualHost>

As I said, when none are defined in the VH, the ones
defined in srm.conf are displayed.  When they are defined,
the ones in neither /errormsg/ or /error-s10/ are displayed,
but internal server message is displayed.

Documents are present, valid and not corrupt.  Paths are
correct and valid.

ErrorDocument was given proper arguments as specified in
Apache's docs.

PLEASE READ:
I have submitted this PR even after reading other PRs on
the ErrorDocument directive because the other PRs *DO NOT*
relate to this particular situation.

>How-To-Repeat:
Please refer to "Description"
>Fix: