Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Gul Onural <on...@nortel.com> on 2007/06/21 01:55:08 UTC

How to password protect access to SOAPMonitor

Hi,

I noticed that the SOAPMonitor is not protected with userId/password. If
somebody knows the url of the service,
he can then launch the SOAPMonitor and see the messages coming back and
forth.

Is there a way to password protect the SOAPMonitor, or we just have to
take it out from our production system?

Gul

Re: How to password protect access to SOAPMonitor

Posted by robert lazarski <ro...@gmail.com>.
It might require more effort than your time permits, so I would say disable
the soapmonitor module until you need it.

Since this really has nothing to do with axis2 - you just want to password
protect a url - there really is nothing to integrate. The way I'd do it -
acegi - is far beyond the scope of axis2 I'd imagine.

Robert

Posted by Gul Onural <on...@nortel.com>.

________________________________

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
When used with ORM tools such as hibernate with lazy-init="true" where LazyInitializaionExceptions happen you'll want to look into
OpenSessionInViewFilter
http://www.thearcmind.com/confluence/display/SpribernateSF/Configuring+Hibernate,+Spring,+OpenInSessionViewFilter+and+MyFaces+JSF

Automatically assigning the datasource for all beans from the configured BeanFactory thru Spring is a nice advantage though
http://static.springframework.org/spring/docs/1.1.5/reference/transactionhtml

M--

Posted by robert lazarski <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.