Posted to dev@giraph.apache.org by Ikhtiyor Ahmedov <ik...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/24 18:39:00 UTC

[GSOC2013][LinkRank]

Hi all,

This year I would like (and try) to participate in gsoc
and from project list I have found Apache Giraph.

I am 2nd year master student at Konkuk University (Seoul, South Korea).
Unfortunately, before I didn't participate in any open
source projects and all codes written for commercial
products.

I will appreciate any suggestions, feedbacks about
project and proposal. As recommended by Google
first I would like to show you my proposal draft and
if you have suggestions, I will change it accordingly
Link to proposal:
Proposal(draft)<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1K-Xk3BgsVLr6bbm71DGK17HBKZPQ_NgdYlUoNAZqBkU/edit?usp=sharing>

Regards,
Ikhtiyor

Re: [GSOC2013][LinkRank]

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ikhtiyor,

I quickly browsed the project description and I think this looks really
great indeed. You mention that part of the timeline will be dedicated to
getting to know the Giraph codebase, I would thoroughly advise you to get
to grips with it before the project begins (if it is accepted). A great way
to do this would be to start on some Giraph Jira issues if you are able.
Can you also please add your name to the Nutch Giraph Integration issue on
the Giraph wiki? This way GSoC admins can track better.
thank you for your proposal. Great work.
Lewis

--
*Lewis*