Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by George Aroush <ge...@aroush.net> on 2005/12/22 21:54:20 UTC

Setting up mailing list for Lucene.Net

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone happen to know how or what I need to do to setup mailing list(s)
for Lucene.Net?  I have been trying to find out how for the past few days
without much luck.

I am trying to finish off the infrastructure setup for Lucene.Net under
incubator, and the mailing list is the remaining item.

Regards,

-- George

Posted by George Aroush <ge...@aroush.net>.
Hi folks,

Back on Dec 28, I submitted a Jira request to create mailing list for
Lucene.Net -- here is the link:

I have not yet see any action being taken on this task?  What's the average
turn around time for such requests?  This is the last infrastructural task
remaining before I can open up Lucene.Net to the public on ASF.

If anyone can help to get this going, please do so.

Thanks!

-- George

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On 12/22/05, George Aroush <ge...@aroush.net> wrote:
> Hi Garrett,
>
> 1) Is this where Jira is:
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa

Yep, that's it.  Use the "Mailing Lists" component in the
Infrastructure project.

> 2) What are the minimum mailing list that I will need?  I am thinking
> lucene.net-dev@lucene.apache.org and lucene.net-user@lucene.net.  Do I need
> anything else, one for SVN, for example?

Yes, you'll need a commits list for Subversion commits.

-garrett

Posted by George Aroush <ge...@aroush.net>.
Makes sense.  Thanks!

-- George

2) What are the minimum mailing list that I will need?  I am thinking
lucene.net-dev@lucene.apache.org and lucene.net-user@lucene.net.  Do I need
anything else, one for SVN, for example?

OG: I suggest you use "net-dev" and "net-user" for mailing list named, so we
follow the same pattern as with Java Lucene: java-user and java-dev.

Otis

> Does anyone happen to know how or what I need to do to setup mailing
> list(s) for Lucene.Net?  I have been trying to find out how for the
> past few days without much luck.
>
> I am trying to finish off the infrastructure setup for Lucene.Net
> under incubator, and the mailing list is the remaining item.

File an issue in the infrastructure section of Jira specifying what mailing
lists you need.  You also might want to mention that the commit list will
need svn commits sent to it, if that hasn't already been set up correctly.

-garrett

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.