Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org> on 2007/04/24 15:44:23 UTC

Yoko and java.endorsed.dirs question

What order should the paths be for java.endorsed.dirs?
Should it be -
1) JDK's lib/endorsed before Geronimo's lib/endorsed
2) Geronimo's lib/endorsed before the JDK's lib/endorsed

I'm wondering due to the following warning/exception in the
geronimo-corba module -
   "Incorrect level of org.omg.CORBA classes found.
    Likely cause is an incorrect java.endorsed.dirs configuration"

Don't we need the Yoko implementation in the endorsed classpath before
the JDK's implementation???

-Donald

Re: Yoko and java.endorsed.dirs question

Posted by Rick McGuire <ri...@gmail.com>.
Donald Woods wrote:
> Along the same train of thought - Should we always place the Geronimo
> server's lib/ext before the JVM's?
Probably safest.  Things get placed there because we absolutely need
that version.

Rick

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
Yep, I'm going to open a JIRA for it.  Was verifying the fix for G3113
before diving into this problem, given all the touch points....

-Donald

Posted by Rick McGuire <ri...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Kirby <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rick McGuire <ri...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rick McGuire <ri...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Nolan, Edell" <Ed...@iona.com>.
Hi,

In order to use the CORBA classes you will need to have those jars
before the jdk's implementation.

Cheers, Edell.