Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo> on 2005/01/09 02:45:40 UTC

Must use cookie for session but not url rewriting?

Hi,

My experiment shows that Tapestry can only use cookies to maintain
sessions but not url rewriting. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks!

Re: Must use cookie for session but not url rewriting?

Posted by Paul Ferraro <pm...@columbia.edu>.
Not true - Tapestry uses the appropriate
HttpServletResponse.encodeURL()/encodeRedirectURL() methods that are
responsible for optionally encoding the session ID into server generated
URLs.  It is your servlet container's, not Tapestry's, responsibility
for determining the appropriate mechanism for persisting session IDs,
i.e. cookies vs. url.  Are you sure that you've configured your server
correctly?

Paul