Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by "Nollenberger, Kurt" <ku...@retirementpartner.com> on 2010/03/16 18:55:55 UTC

Concurrent Build - Setup

I have two builds that I would like to run concurrently but they run in
sequence.  I have read the online documentation and searched the wiki.
I have been unable to find a way to have these builds run in parallel
rather than sequence.  They run for 2.5 hours each and I'd like them to
run at the same time.  Can someone tell me what I'm missing in the
setup?

These are Shell script executions.  I see them both go into the "Queue :
Current Build" state, but they execute in sequence rather than parallel.

I have the following setup.

1.	Continuum version: 1.3.4
2.	General Configuration

	a.	Number of Allowed Builds in Parallel: 3
	b.	Enable Distributed Builds: unchecked

3.	Project Groups

	a.	Name: Build One, Group ID: com.co.proj1

                                                               i.
Schedule: Schedule One

	b.	Name: Build Two, Group ID: com.co.proj2

                                                               i.
Schedule: Schedule Two

4.	Schedules

	a.	Schedule One

                                                               i.
Used Build Queue

1.       Nightly queue one

	b.	Schedule Two

                                                               i.
Used Build Queue

1.       Nightly queue two

5.	Parallel Build Queue

	a.	DEFAULT_BUILD_QUEUE
	b.	Nightly queue one
	c.	Nightly queue two

The information contained in this message and any accompanying attachments may contain privileged, private and/or confidential information protected by state and federal law.  Penalties may be assessed for unauthorized use and/or disclosure.  This message and any attachments are intended for the designated recipient only.  If you have received this information in error, please notify the sender immediately and return or destroy the information.

This e-mail transmission and any attachments are believed to have been sent free of any virus or other defect that might affect any computer system into which it is received and opened. It is, however, the recipient's responsibility to ensure that the e-mail transmission and any attachments are virus free, and the sender accepts no responsibility for any damage that may in any way arise from their use.

Re: Concurrent Build - Setup

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
I'm having some trouble reading the formatting here. I assume you are saying queue one is attached to schedule 1 and queue 2 to schedule 2? If that's the case it looks correct - perhaps check if there is a related issue in JIRA?

What I actually do is assign both queues to both schedules and let Continuum choose which is available - you might try that and see if it helps.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org