Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Ludvík Michálek <ko...@bigfoot.cz> on 2020/07/14 21:53:25 UTC

Project synchronization not uploading external changes on macOS Catalina

Hello everyone,

I've been using NB since version 5.x, currently I am on version 12.0 and I have upgraded my Mac to macOS Catalina, 10.15.5 (19F101).

I am extensively using the Remote Web Site (FTP, SFTP) synchronization feature, which partially stopped working after upgrade to Catalina.

The feature uploads all changes that are done directly using NetBeans (new file, changed file etc.). But since Catalina, it is not uploading any other files that have been modified outside NB - e.g. modified by NPM scripts, Finder or any other application that is running outside NB.

This was working perfectly for years.

This WAS working on:
- all prior OS X versions (pre-catalina)
- all prior NB versions (7, 8, 8.2, 11.x, 12.0...)

It is NOT working on:
- Catalina
- tried NB versions 11.3, 12.0
- two different Macbook Pro laptops, one with clean macOS install

I have tried:
- reinstall Mac
- reinstall NB
- setup new projects
- change permissions on uploaded files
- in System Preferences, allowed "Full disk access" for: Java, Terminal, Netbeans, anything..

Nothing helped.

I strongly believe that it is related to some of the new Catalina "security" features - it simply does not register any changes that are done other ways than directly saving files in NB.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Best,
--