Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Bent André Solheim <be...@gmail.com> on 2004/10/28 13:22:59 UTC

Transforming gzipped xml in mysql to html.

Hi,

My name is Bent André Solheim, and I just started working on a project
where we want to extract zipped xml from mysql, unzip it and transform
it using a couple of xslt transformations with Cocoon. I have looked
around the docs and wiki and have come to the conclusion that I have
to extend ComposerGenerator, hence creating my own generator, to
accomplish this. I hoped to not having to do this, and instead only
use standard components. Any of you guys out there with more
experience than me have a suggestion? Would it be possible to do
something like the following;

- Create an xsp page that extracts the zipped data and wraps it in a
CDATA element
- Pass this on to some sort of transformer that would
"transform"/unzip the zipped data in the CDATA element, understand
that the extracted data was XML and use this XML document to generate
sax events to the next transformer on the pipeline.
- The next transformer transforms to HTML

Any advice would be appreciated!

Best Regards
Bent André Solheim