Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Kaxil Naik <ka...@apache.org> on 2021/07/10 21:41:20 UTC

[VOTE] Release Airflow 2.1.2 from RC1

Hey fellow Airflowers,

(Email is on behalf of James)

We have cut Airflow 2.1.2 RC1. This email is calling a vote on the release,
which will last for 72 hours, from Saturday, July 10, 2021 at 10:00pm UTC
until Tuesday, July 13, 2021 at 10:00pm UTC, or until 3 binding +1 votes
have been received.

Consider this my (non-binding) +1. As I’m not a member of the PMC, Kaxil
signed the distribution.

Airflow 2.1.2 RC1 is available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/airflow/2.1.2rc1/

*apache-airflow-2.1.2-source.tar.gz* is a source release that comes with
INSTALL instructions.
*apache-airflow-2.1.2-bin.tar.gz* is the binary Python "sdist" release.
*apache_airflow-2.1.2-py3-none-any.whl* is the binary Python wheel "binary"
release.

Public keys are available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/airflow/KEYS

Only votes from PMC members are binding, but all members of the community
are encouraged to test the release and vote with "(non-binding)".

For convenience, these snapshots are available on PyPI as well as Docker
Hub.

The test procedure for PMCs and Contributors who would like to test this RC
are described in
https://github.com/apache/airflow/blob/main/dev/README_RELEASE_AIRFLOW.md#verify-the-release-candidate-by-pmcs

Please note that the version number excludes the `rcX` string, so it's now
simply 2.1.2. This will allow us to rename the artifact without modifying
the artifact checksums when we actually release.

Changes since 2.1.1 below.

Bug Fixes
"""""""""

- Only allow webserver to request from the worker log server (#16754)
- Fix "Invalid JSON configuration, must be a dict" bug (#16648)
- Fix ``CeleryKubernetesExecutor`` (#16700)
- Mask value if the key is ``token`` (#16474)
- Fix impersonation issue with ``LocalTaskJob`` (#16852)

Misc
""""
- Add Python 3.9 support (#15515)

Thanks,
James

Re: [VOTE] Release Airflow 2.1.2 from RC1

Posted by Kaxil Naik <ka...@gmail.com>.
Adding my +1 binding too

[RESULT][VOTE] Release Airflow 2.1.2 from RC1

Posted by Kaxil Naik <ka...@apache.org>.
Hello Airflow Community,

The vote to release Apache Airflow version 2.1.2 based on 2.1.2rc1 is now
closed.

The vote PASSED with 4 binding "+1", 5 non-binding "+1" and 0 "-1" votes:

"+1" Binding votes:

   - Kaxil Naik
   - Jarek Potiuk
   - Xiaodong Deng
   - Kamil Breguła

"+1" Non-binding votes:

   - James Timmins
   - Elad Kalif
   - Jed Cunningham
   - Ephraim Anierobi
   - Dennis Akpenyi

Vote thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/rc11997b19a32d6c7bce001d2c5e2aaa6811581ae6cb7f18cefb4593f%40%3Cdev.airflow.apache.org%3E

I'll continue with the release process and the release announcement will
follow shortly.

Thanks,
Kaxil Naik

Posted by Dennis Akpenyi <de...@gmail.com>.