Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Kyle B <kb...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/06 02:59:16 UTC

pyhs2 error

Hello,

I'm attempting to utilize Thrift to query Hive in Python. I'm using the
pyhs2 Python module because the Hive server I'm connecting to uses Kerberos
Auth. However, I'm getting the following error:

Source:
-------------------------------
#!/usr/bin/python27
import pyhs2
config = {'krb_host':'my.server.fqdn', 'krb_service':'hive'}
pyhs2.connect(host="my.server.fqdn", port=10000, authMechanism="KERBEROS",
user="hive@HADOOP.DOMAIN.COM", password="", configuration=config)
-------------------------------

Error:
thrift.transport.TTransport.TTransportException: Could not start SASL:
Error in sasl_client_start (-1) SASL(-1): generic failure: GSSAPI Error:
Unspecified GSS failure.  Minor code may provide more information (Server
not found in Kerberos database)

Has anyone encountered this error before, and can tell me what I'm doing
wrong? I'm sure it's something silly.

-Kyle