Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com> on 2008/08/26 11:44:04 UTC

running jms examples against java broker

A couple of rather minor points from running the jms examples (not part
of the java release tarball, which I assume is deliberate) against the
M3 java broker. I doubt any of these should be considered M3 blockers
(though perhaps someone may want to comment on the first one).

(1) For the pub-sub example, the listener does not seem to shut down as
it does when running the same test against the 0-10 c++ broker. Not sure
why that is.

(2) There is a typo in the exception logged for all connection attempts
from the examples:

org.apache.qpid.framing.AMQProtocolVersionException: Protocol version
0.10 not suppoerted by this version of the Qpid broker.

(3) My first test, direct examples producer, gave a list of the
following exceptions. I later realised this was probably due to the
mandatory flag being set and the consumer needing to be started first.
Its not very informative though.

javax.jms.JMSException: 312
         at
org.apache.qpid.client.AMQConnection.exceptionReceived(AMQConnection.java:1241)
         at
org.apache.qpid.client.AMQSession_0_8$2.run(AMQSession_0_8.java:392)
         at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:885)
         at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:907)
         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)