Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Russell Bateman <ru...@windofkeltia.com> on 2017/04/03 20:05:20 UTC

org.apache.nifi.processor.util.FlowFileSessionWrapper deprecated

We're moving our code base ahead from NiFi 1.0.0 to 1.1.2 and have some
classes that are using FlowFileSessionWrapper. Appears to wrap up a
flowfile and its corresponding session; our use was in some special
batching code. I could roll my own, I guess, but there may be a very
good reason not to, i.e.: a better way to handle what it did for us,
stay out of trouble, etc.

So far, Googling encourages me to believe that this has been deprecated
and I shouldn't use it, but so far I haven't stumbled upon why or what
to do differently. Can anyone throw some light on this?

Thanks.

Re: org.apache.nifi.processor.util.FlowFileSessionWrapper deprecated

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Russell,

Sorry there was no reply but to help ensure it doesn't look like this
tree feel in an empty forest thanks for following up.  You're right
that this refactoring occurred.  There was some powerful session
merging capability made available that allowed us to simplify how
processors like MergeContent worked under the covers.

Thanks
Joe

Posted by Russell Bateman <ru...@windofkeltia.com>.

Posted by Russell Bateman <ru...@windofkeltia.com>.