Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Olivier Grisel <ol...@ensta.org> on 2011/03/18 15:50:56 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1082932 - in /incubator/stanbol/trunk: enhancer/ enhancer/jersey/src/main/java/org/apache/stanbol/enhancer/jersey/ enhancer/launchers/full/src/main/resources/resources/config/ entityhub/model/clerezza/ entityhub/model/clerezza/src/ma

Hi Rupert,

2011/3/18  <rw...@apache.org>:
> Author: rwesten
> Date: Fri Mar 18 14:16:03 2011
> New Revision: 1082932

> Details:
>
> Entityhub: SolrYard
>
> The EmbeddedSolrServerProvider can now also initialise and register an EmbeddedSolrServer when running outside an OSGI Environment. This is important for the indexing utils (e.g. for geonames.org, dbPedia.orf ...) because this allows to modify such tools to automatically create an EmbeddedSolrServer within there working directory. Users do no longer setup the SolrServer first! (related to STANBOL-92)
>
> Added support that allows to configure the default location of the managed EmbeddedSolrServer: Within an OSGI environment the component configuration is used otherwise the property is searched in the System properties.
> In case an relative path is configured the:
>  - "user.dir" property is used when outside an OSGI environment
>  - data directory of the SolrYard bundle
> is used as root directory (for applying the relative path)
> Note that also property substitution is supported so parsing "${user.home}/.stanbol/entityhub/solrYard/indexes" will create the indexes in the home directory of the user!
>
> The internally managed SolrServer is now shutdown if the EmbeddedSolrServerProvider is deactivated. On activation the server is started again.
>
> The SolrYardTest uses now both the support for managing an internal SolrServer when running outside an OSGI environment as the property substitution feature to parse "${basedir}/target/indexes" as index location. The "basedir" property is set by JUnit.
> This allowed to remove all the resources previously required for this UnitTest
>
> Entityhub: ClerezzaYard
>
> Corrected a missing dependency to the ClerezzaModel implementation
>
> Enhancer: Full Launcher Configuration
>
> Added a configuration for the EmbeddedSolrServerProvider so that the default Solr Index of the SolrYard is located at "${user.dir}/sling/entityhub/solrYard/indexes". Previously the index was stored under "/sling/felix/bundle?/data/index" - a location a user would not expect application data.

Thanks for the detailed changelog. However I think that next time it
would be better to open a dedicated JIRA issue explaining the
(retrospectively planned :) detailed changes and putting the JIRA
issue number with a short summary in the commit message.

A question now: is the current state of the entithub sling launcher
supposed to deploy the dbpedia configuration? If so can you give a
sample "curl" command that demonstrate this (ideally by updating the
README.txt file inside the entityhub folder)?

--
Olivier