Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Mamta, Jain" <Ja...@in.standardchartered.com> on 2007/09/28 13:46:52 UTC

Does Tomcat replicate in-memory replication of data other than Sessions ?

Hello there,

I would like to know if Tomcat 6 offers in-memory replication of data
other than Sessions data alone.

Actually we have a requirement of replicating the data an application in
Multicast cluster caches. The data has to be replicated to other nodes
in the cluster. Would like to know :
1. If this is this possible - replicate data to other nodes in cluster
where the data is not session data alone
2. If yes, can it be achieved with configuration of Tomcat multicast
cluster or by extending classes of Catalina/Tribes ?

Your reply will be greatly appreciated ! Thank You .

Best Regards,
Mamta
Technical Lead | Enterprise Solutions, GF, ISCI | Haddows Road, Asia,
III flr

This email is confidential. If you are not the addressee tell the sender immediately and destroy this email
without using, sending or storing it. Emails are not secure and may suffer errors, viruses, delay,
interception and amendment. Standard Chartered PLC and subsidiaries ("SCGroup") do not accept liability for
damage caused by this email and may monitor email traffic.

Re: Does Tomcat replicate in-memory replication of data other than Sessions ?

Posted by Sonal Goyal <so...@gmail.com>.
Mamta, please note that this approach ties you to Tomcat and you may not be
able to port your application to other servers.

On 9/28/07, Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com> wrote:

> very doable, you can piggy back on Tribes if you have clustering enabled
>
> import org.apache.catalina.ServerFactory;
> import org.apache.catalina.Cluster;
> import org.apache.catalina.ha.tcp.SimpleTcpCluster;
> import org.apache.catalina.tribes.Channel;
> import org.apache.catalina.tribes.Member;
>
>    public static void sendMessage(byte[] somedata) throws Exception {
>        Cluster cl =
> ServerFactory.getServer
> ().findService("nameofservice").getContainer().findChild("nameofengine").getCluster();
>
>        if (cl!=null && cl instanceof SimpleTcpCluster) {
>            SimpleTcpCluster cluster = (SimpleTcpCluster)cl;
>            Channel channel = cluster.getChannel();
>            Member[] nodes = channel.getMembers();
>            if (nodes!=null && nodes.length>0)
> channel.send(nodes,somedata,0);
>        }
>    }
>
> please note, that you must correct "nameofservice" and "nameofengine"
> with the names of these containers that you have defined in server.xml
>
> Filip
>

> Mamta, Jain wrote:
> > Hello there,
> >
> > I would like to know if Tomcat 6 offers in-memory replication of data
> > other than Sessions data alone.
> >
> > Actually we have a requirement of replicating the data an application in
> > Multicast cluster caches. The data has to be replicated to other nodes
> > in the cluster. Would like to know :
> > 1. If this is this possible - replicate data to other nodes in cluster
> > where the data is not session data alone
> > 2. If yes, can it be achieved with configuration of Tomcat multicast
> > cluster or by extending classes of Catalina/Tribes ?
> >
> > Your reply will be greatly appreciated ! Thank You .
> >
> > Best Regards,
> > Mamta
> > Technical Lead | Enterprise Solutions, GF, ISCI | Haddows Road, Asia,
> > III flr
> >
> > This email is confidential. If you are not the addressee tell the sender
> immediately and destroy this email
> > without using, sending or storing it. Emails are not secure and may
> suffer errors, viruses, delay,
> > interception and amendment. Standard Chartered PLC and subsidiaries
> ("SCGroup") do not accept liability for
> > damage caused by this email and may monitor email traffic.

> 9/27/2007 5:00 PM

Thanks and Regards,
Sonal

Re: Does Tomcat replicate in-memory replication of data other than Sessions ?

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.