Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Levi Rosol <le...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/01 20:30:46 UTC

Strip VSS attributes from proj and sln files

Is there a tool that programatically strips out all of the junk that VSS
leaves in your proj and sln files? I seem to remember someone mentioning an
app like this, but cannot seem to find it in the archives, or on google.

Sure, i could do it by hand, but if there's a tool, there's an easier way.
:-)

--
Levi Rosol
http://onlinegolftournamentmanagement.com

Re: Strip VSS attributes from proj and sln files

Posted by Simon Roby <si...@gmail.com>.
On 8/2/06, Eric Lemes <er...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't know if this information is off-topic. I think it's anyway related
> to migration from VSS to SVN.
>
>  I saw a tool called "SourceSafe Binding Remover". It parses the .sln and
> .csproj files and remove all information related to SourceSafe. It works
> fine for Framework 1.1 projects, but not for 2.0 (VS 2005).
>
>  I think is this one:
> http://www.gotdotnet.com/workspaces/workspace.aspx?id=05b9332b-3b4a-4239-be2f-2a0f86f9ce71

Nice. I needed something like that. But unless I missed something,
they don't seem to have precompiled binaries for download?? I don't
have what it takes to compile it so I'm stuck (I think VS.NET 2002 is
too old to open the solution, and besides I don't have C# support
installed)... Can anyone help me?
--
- SR

Strip VSS attributes from proj and sln files

Posted by Eric Lemes <er...@gmail.com>.
I don't know if this information is off-topic. I think it's anyway related
to migration from VSS to SVN.

I saw a tool called "SourceSafe Binding Remover". It parses the .sln and
.csproj files and remove all information related to SourceSafe. It works
fine for Framework 1.1 projects, but not for 2.0 (VS 2005).

I think is this one:
http://www.gotdotnet.com/workspaces/workspace.aspx?id=05b9332b-3b4a-4239-be2f-2a0f86f9ce71

Eric Lemes