Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Moley Harey <mo...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/22 11:35:27 UTC

How to make a non-efective update?

Hi,

I was using CVS in the past and one of the most useful commands was a :

$ cvs -nq update

With the -n flag you could execute a recursive update that showed the list
of files changed/added/deleted etc... but the update did not take effect, it
was just for information...

Is there any way to do this in svn using the command line client?
I have checked the documentation and can't see that option for the update
command Sad

Thanks in advance

~~ Honni soit qui mal y pense ~~

http://chromewaves.blogspot.com/

Re: How to make a non-efective update?

Posted by Ralph Seichter <su...@seichter.de>.
Moley Harey wrote:

> With the -n flag you could execute a recursive update that showed the
> list of files changed/added/deleted etc... but the update did not take
> effect, it was just for information...

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.forcvs.status-vs-update.html

-Ralph

RE: How to make a non-efective update?

Posted by Méresse Christophe <ch...@nagra.com>.

	I was using CVS in the past and one of the most useful commands was a :

	$ cvs -nq update

	With the -n flag you could execute a recursive update that showed the list of files changed/added/deleted etc... but the update did not take effect, it was just for information...

svn status -u

Regards
Christophe