Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Neelu Shah <ne...@citl.tamu.edu> on 2001/07/17 00:51:17 UTC

How to change the IP address

Hi All,

could someone tell me how to change the default IP address for tomcat (no
apache used)
from localhost to another IP address.

im running tomcat on Windows NT.

thanks

Re: How to change the IP address

Posted by Tim O'Neil <bw...@noteboard.org>.
At 04:57 PM 7/16/2001, you wrote:
>What do you m ean by change the IP address.  Does the machine have
>multiple IP addresses?  You should be able to determine IP info on a
>windows box using winipcfg - I think that's right for NT, can never
>remember.  Whatever IP address the box listens on tomcat will respond
>to.  Is this what you want?

You determine the ip on any Win95 and later machine w/ipconfig;
no params.

Re: How to change the IP address

Posted by Jeff Kilbride <je...@kilbride.com>.
Whoops, forgot the closing "/>" for the "inet" param. Should be:

    <Parameter name="inet"
        value="127.0.0.1"/>

Thanks,
--jeff

Posted by Jeff Kilbride <je...@kilbride.com>.

-----------------------------------

Posted by Mike Jackson <mj...@cdi-hq.com>.
NT and 2000 are "ipconfig", do a "ipconfig /all" if you to know all the
stuff.

--mikej
-=-----
mike jackson
mjackson@cdi-hq.com

Posted by Filip Hanik <ma...@filip.net>.
I think he means how you set the IP address the server should listen to on a
multi-homed host.

if this is the case I'm not sure you can do it in Tomcat 3.2.1

if it is possible it would look something like this

        <Connector className="org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpConnector">
            <Parameter name="handler"

value="org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler"/>
            <Parameter name="port"
                value="8080"/>
            <Parameter name="address"
                value="209.233.3.2"/>