Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Bill Stoddard <bi...@wstoddard.com> on 2001/09/21 16:06:49 UTC

Problems in calling child_exit out of a signal handler...

Has this ever been discussed before?  Apache httpd 1.3 can call the child_exit hooks out
of a SIGUSR1 handler, which seems to be VERY bad mojo. Modules that register child_exit
hooks more likely than not make calls into libc that are just not safe to make out of a
signal handler. I am seeing a segfault in a custom module for just this reason. This looks
like a serious architectural flaw in APache 1.3 unless I am missing something.

Bill