Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com> on 2020/07/06 11:43:29 UTC

Plans to get GenericPrincipal to inherit CallerPrincipal?

Hi,

I would like to know if there are any plans to get GenericPrincipal to
inherit CallerPrincipal?
From a backward compatibility perspective, it does not seem to hurt because
the getName() is already in the GenericPrincipal.

The question comes because I was reading the Java Security API and this
chapter
https://javaee.github.io/security-spec/spec/jsr375-spec.html#_caller_principal_types

Seems to advise that app server should inherit from CallerPrincipal.

Thanks

--
Jean-Louis

Re: Plans to get GenericPrincipal to inherit CallerPrincipal?

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.
Hello Mark,

Thanks for the quick response.
I was checking out if there were plans for it.

Glad it's on your radar.
I'm currently writing an Apache implementation on the TomEE side for the
Security API.

So definitely interested.
Would it help if I create a ticket to track the progress?

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.